JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History (CMH) offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Permanent Full-Time Position
Position Number 10363
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Clerk to join our Finance and Administrative Services Division. Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable and the Supervisor, Revenue Operations at the CMH, your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the Museum general ledger and central accounts;
- Processing supplier payment transactions;
- Registering credit card expenses;
- Verifying and registering travel authority and advances;
- Processing travel expense claims;
- Participating in revenue operations, revenue control and the presentation of Museum management reports;
- Assisting with parking services;
- Assisting in maintaining the Museum cash control and deposit function as well as the maintenance of an accounts receivable collection system;
- Using multiple computer and web based applications;
- Supervising students;
- Performing other related duties as required.Successful candidates have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this challenging opportunity:Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience in:
- Accounting operations : (e.g. accounts payable, revenue/accounts receivable, general ledger bookkeeping and maintenance);
- Computerized systems such as Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, e-mail and financial systems;
- The preparation and analysis of financial reports;
- Customer service.
- Financial Administration Act;
- Cash and accrual methods of accounting for expenditures and revenues;
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable practices and procedures;
- Financial administration methods, practices, and procedures;
- Filing systems;
- Computerized systems.Education: College Diploma in Finance or Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Core competencies: Flexibility; Concern for Order and Quality; Information Seeking; Action Oriented; Client focus; Teamwork and Collaboration.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for showing interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The results of this competition may be used to staff similar temporary or permanent positions over the next twelve months, following the results of the competition.
Bring your expertise to this position at the Canadian Museum of History. Apply no later than December 18, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: www.historymuseum.ca/careers under “Current Job Opportunities.”
Compensation: $46,436 – $58,546 (Job classification: E4)
Language: AAB imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website). We encourage all candidates to submit their nomination, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.