Collector l : 00008QDM
Employment Type: Regular
- Responsible for collecting in various stages of delinquency and handling accounts by providing assistance to customers. Negotiates acceptable payment arrangements with delinquency customers in order to resolve the issue.
- Agent may be categorized as “Specialized” handling a single function (Collection) within one business line.
- Agent may also be categorized as “Hybrid” handling a single function (Collection) within multiple business lines, or multiple functions (Collection/Care) within a single business line.
- Collector I role is also determined by the level of experience, skill and historical performance within the role. May be considered as an entry level position.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Collects overdue accounts at all stages of delinquency in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Regularly assists other units within the same function at times of high volumes, such as Inbound or Manual. Hybrid agents may also provide such assistance as required by another department (business line).
- Achieves individual goals in order to meet team and company objectives.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC Brand.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Contacts customers at different stages of delinquency, reviews associated reasons for delinquency and obtains relevant customer financial information.
- Identifies potential ways for customers to rectify situation. Proposes various programs and negotiates resolution within assigned authority level.
- Identifies high risk accounts and reviews alternate resolution through legal or settlement action.
- Ensures accurate customer demographic information is documented on the system of record.
- Maintains assigned accounts on the computer system(s). Ensures clear documentation and record of every call. Assigns appropriate account review dates as per department procedures.
- Requests/forwards letters to customers to provide required information or to serve as a confirmation of arrangement.
- Uses various tools such as InfoCanada and credit bureau reports to investigate additional information or trace recent demographics.
- Reassigns specialty accounts to different work queues.
- Escalates customer complaints as deemed necessary and as per internal procedure.
Must be willing to work non-standard hours or shift as required.
Management of Risk
- Stays informed of all policies, procedures and approved collection practices. Adheres to all Compliance standards in accordance with HSBC.
- Completes all Web-Based Training requirements.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months collection experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic keyboard skills
- Bilingualism (French/English).
- Third language preferred.
Job Field : Procurement / Purchasing
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 06-Feb-2017, 11:38:52 Unposting Date : 20-Feb-2017, 23:59:00