JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Program Officer, Virtual Museum of Canada
Permanent Full-Time Position
Position Number 10413-04
We are looking for an experienced Program Officer to join our Virtual Museum of Canada (VMC) Division. Reporting to the Director, Virtual Museum of Canada, your key responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of the VMC Investment Programs and oversight of VMC projects;
- Providing members of the cultural community with information, advice and support on the VMC;
- Supporting the promotion, administration, and continuous improvement of the program.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this challenging opportunity:
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in:
- Managing projects in a cultural setting;
- Coordinating work within multi-disciplinary team environments;
- Evaluating project ideas, approaches and plans;
- Budget and schedule development and management;
- Analyzing, and assessing data/products/proposals for completeness, accuracy, high-quality and compliance;
- Collaborating on the creative development of visitor/user experiences;
- Developing or managing institutional or professional business relations;
- Preparing reports and presentations;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive databases.Since you will be working in a highly computerized environment, a demonstrated experience of word processing (Word), electronic spreadsheet (Excel), presentation (Power Point), and electronic mail (Outlook) is required.
- Project management principles and practices;
- Principles and practices of relationship-building and collaboration;
- Mandate, programs and services of the CMH, including the VMC and its associated policies;
- Museum and other cultural organizations’ related products, programs and services, especially digital products and related digital technologies;
- General museological principles, audience development and accessibility guidelines;
- Planning, development and evaluation of digital products;
- Visitor/user experience, including storytelling and design;
- Methods and practices of contract management;
- Budget planning, monitoring and reporting;
- Strategic and tactical communications and consultation techniques;
- Evaluation, analysis and problem solving techniques;
- Museum Act, Financial Administration Act; Official Languages Act; W3C web guidelines;
- MS Office suite.
Education: University degree in museum studies, heritage, education, history, arts, social sciences or humanities or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core competencies: Action-oriented; Analytical Thinking; Client Focus; Concern for Order and Quality; Effective Communication; Enhancing Efficiency; Flexibility; Information Seeking; Planning; Teamwork and Collaboration.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for showing interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The results of this competition may be used to staff similar temporary or permanent positions over the next twelve months, following the results of the competition.
Bring your expertise to this position at the Canadian Museum of History. Apply no later than January 21st, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: http://www.historymuseum.ca/about/jobs/ under “Current Job Opportunities.”
Compensation: $59,474 – $79,646 (Job classification: E6)
Language: CBC imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website). We encourage all candidates to submit their application, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.