RBC Aboriginal Training Program in Museum Practices
Full-Time Internship – 8 months: Commencing in September 2018
Up to four (4) Internships – File number: 5000
The goal of the RBC Aboriginal Training Program in Museum Practices at the Canadian Museum of History is to offer First Nations, Métis, and Inuit participants professional and technical training. The Program operates from September to April of each year, with a two (2) week break for the holiday season.
To offer practical experiences for Aboriginal people who would like to broaden their knowledge and skills in various aspects of museum work.
Candidates can undertake practicum assignments lasting four (4) to five (5) weeks in the following divisions of the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum:
- Public Programs
- Corporate Affairs
- Museum Services
- Eligibility: Candidates should have a secondary school diploma or an equivalent. Those with less than a secondary school diploma will be considered on the basis of demonstrable experience in cultural interpretation or related skills. In addition, the internship is conditional on passing a security clearance verification.
- Financial Support:The Canadian Museum of History provides a modest stipend, some travel, training and the facilities for the Program. Participants are encouraged to seek additional sources of financial support to cover living expenses.
- Application Process:If you wish to participate in this program, please submit the following documents:
- A résumé
- A personal statement indicating how the internship relates to your experience, academic goals and professional development; and
- Two (2) letters of reference.
- The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of Employment Equity and to achieving a workforce which is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal person, a member of a visible minority group or a person with a disability.
- We thank all candidates for showing interest in our Museum; however, only retained candidates will be contacted.
- Deadline for Application:If you wish to participate in this program, please apply no later than March 31, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. as instructed on the web site: www.historymuseum.ca/careers under “Current Job Opportunities”.
- or by fax: Fax #: 819-776-7110
- or by mail:Canadian Museum of History Gatineau, Quebec
- K1A 0M8
- 100 Laurier Street
- RBC Aboriginal Training Program in Museum Practices
- To learn more about the program, visit: www.historymuseum.ca/aboriginaltraining or contact Ms. Jameson C. Brant at 819-776-8270.