- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
More than $1.5 Million for Three Tourism Organizations and an Established Business in Nord-du-Québec
Government of Canada Supports Projects for Lettrage Waldi, Tourisme Baie-James, Eeyou Istchee Tourism, and Nibiischii Corporation
Chibougamau, Quebec, July 16, 2019 – Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions will give a total of $1,515,000 in contributions to Lettrage Waldi and three tourism organizations. The funding was announced today by the Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Member of Parliament for Gaspésie–Les Îles-de-la-Madeleine and Minister of National Revenue. This Government of Canada support will help Lettrage Waldi and the recipient organizations meet the goals they have set for themselves, and their respective projects will generate more than $3 million in total investments in Nord-du-Québec.
In particular, this will help Tourisme Baie-James and Eeyou Istchee Tourism develop and improve their range of services and implement their respective marketing plans to attract people from outside Quebec and from abroad. CED’s support will also help Nibiischii Corporation conduct strategic and operational planning to develop the Albanel, Mistassini and Waconichi Lakes (AMW) Wildlife Sanctuary.
In business since 1971, Lettrage Waldi inc. will be able to put all operations under one roof by building a new plant. It can also boost performance by improving and diversifying its 3D sign-making capacity and its extensive line of visual solution products and services.
The Government of Canada is committed to developing close partnerships with Quebec businesses to help them innovate and be more productive and competitive. It also funds projects that benefit tourism and the local economy and promote our regional attractions beyond our borders.
“I am delighted with CED’s support for tourism organizations that promote the natural wonders of Nord-du-Québec, and for Lettrage Waldi, a local firm that wants to grow, develop, and become more productive. With these contributions, the Government of Canada is fulfilling its mandate to strengthen and revitalize regions, ensure the prosperity of Canada’s economy, and help businesses and organizations expand and diversify their tourism offerings.”
The Honourable Diane Lebouthillier, Minister of National Revenue
“By helping businesses and organizations invest in infrastructure and equipment to make them more productive, or in strategies to market their tourism offer outside Quebec, the Government of Canada is fulfilling its key commitments. We are more determined than ever to promote expansion and innovation and to develop and showcase tourist attractions that define our regions—which, like Nord-du-Québec, abound with rich natural treasures.”
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for CED
- Today’s announcement is made on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for the Innovation, Science and Economic Development portfolio, which comprises 17 federal departments and agencies including CED and the other five regional development agencies.
- Funding for Tourisme Baie-James, Eeyou Istchee Tourism, and Nibiischii Corporation was awarded through CED’s Quebec Economic Development Program while the contribution to Lettrage Waldi came from Regional Economic Growth through Innovation (REGI).
- REGI is for entrepreneurs who innovate to make their business grow and become more competitive. It is also for regional economic players that help create an entrepreneurial environment that supports innovation and growth for everyone in all regions.
- To learn about CED and its priorities, see the 2019-20 Departmental Plan or visit www.dec-ced.gc.ca.
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.