Auto Underwriting Specialist, Montreal
Join our highly collaborative national automobile team with this unique opportunity for a bi-lingual commercial automobile underwriting specialist. Must be looking to utilize their above average knowledge of the Canadian automobile insurance market to move their career forward in this exciting industry. Their strong broker connections and interpersonal skills allow them to navigate the road to a profitable portfolio of renewal and new business, built with mid to large size complex risks. Must be proactive and detailed oriented while maintaining service levels and underwriting to the Zurich Way.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area. For SURETY POSITIONS ONLY: OR Finance, Accounting or Banking experience. For Financial Lines positions only- Public, Management Liability and FI: OR Accounting, Banking and Risk Management. For Cyber positions only: OR IT, Cybersecurity Sales, Contract / Vendor Management.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area For SURETY POSITIONS ONLY: OR Finance, Accounting or Banking experience. For Financial Lines positions only-Public, Management Liability and FI:OR Accounting, Banking and Risk Management. For Cyber positions only: OR IT, Cybersecurity Sales, Contract / Vendor Management.
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or
Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience working in a team environment
5+ yeas of Auto Underwriting experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
• Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
• Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
• Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame.
• Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts.
• Develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business Unit.
• Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
• Measure exposure/analyze risk.
• Initiate product development idea.
• Assist in training and developing staff.
• Provide expertise on coverage issues with claims programs and guidelines.
• Contribute to development of u/w manuals, programs and guidelines.
• Approve/place facultative purchases
• Develop and lead marketing presentations to new and current agents/brokers
• Promote the organization’s products and services in order to increase penetration within agency plant
• Ensure the successful completion of projects by maintaining continuing dialogue with business unit sponsors during implementation of major projects
• Diagnose and develop recommendations to solve unique business unit and customer problems
• Lead complex technical or long-term (ove
Add. Job Functions:
• Monitor and review work undertaken across a number of small to medium scale projects or a large complex project in order to ensure appropriate use of resources and adherence to schedules.
• Provide advisory services to colleagues on a daily basis, measuring exposure and analyzing risk in order to provide appropriate coverage that meets the organization´s risk and compliance processes.
• Research primary data sources, select relevant information, analyze key themes and trends and make recommendations to support operational decision-making such as which coverage to provide.
• Research best practice and provide consultancy to support senior management in developing and improving processes and systems relevant to underwriting.
• Assess complex customer cases, evaluate their unique needs and apply technical techniques and know-how to recommend a solution.
• Build relationships with customers by handling a range of queries and provide advice with the development of an account to create additional value for the organization and customers.
• Apply rating tools and methodologies to own work area to deliver to customers and offer suggestions for improvements.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.