Claims Call Centre Senior Representative
Processing routine and complex first reports of loss by various channels and handling of specialized projects on cutting edge initiatives in order to provide timely service to internal and external customers. This includes a closer interaction with internal and external business partners.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Customer Service area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and No prior experience required in the Customer Service area
• Successful completion of basic insurance course work
• 18 or more months contact center experience
• Insurance industry knowledge
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Insurance licensing
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Handle complex technical duties and specialized/pilot projects on cutting edge initiatives for commercial lines of business.
• Handles intake of claims involving Centers of Expertise lawsuits.
• Monitor and take responsibility for resources/cash, within defined procedures.
• Interaction closely with internal business partners, including Underwriters, Account Managers, and specialized claims personnel, in a professional, productive, and positive manner.
• Interacting closely with external business partners, to include Agents/Brokers, in a professional, productive, and positive manner.
• Identify and comply with the main principles relevant to legal and regulatory controls that govern standard work practices within own geography.
• Meet established departmental quality objectives.
• Meet established departmental phone availability objective.
• Meet established departmental productivity objectives.
• Other duties as assigned by Team Manager or other member of Management team.
• Monitor business processes in order to identify opportunities for customer care´s improvements.
• Managing resources in the team in order to ensure a timely resolution of inquires.
• Handle first and third party claims taking responsibility to resolve all enquiries from both customer and external contacts to ensure delivery of a customer focused claims service.
• Recommend alternative sources/courses of action in order to ensure an efficient, day to day customer service is delivered.
• Receive, investigate and respond to technical queries from customers and/or colleagues to ensure customers receive appropriate advice.
• Investigate claims to evaluate costs and risk and ensure investigations are conducted and concluded effectively and efficiently.
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Technical Competency 1
Technical Competency 2
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.