Collector I : 00008FK9
Employment Type: Regular
- Responsible for collecting in various stages of delinquency and handling accounts by providing assistance to customers.
- Negotiates acceptable payment arrangements with delinquency customers in order to resolve the issue.
- Agent may be categorized as Specialized handling a single function (Collection) within one business line. Agent may also be categorized as Hybrid handling a single function (Collection) within multiple business lines, or multiple functions (Collection/Care) within a single business line.
- Collector I role is also determined by the level of experience, skill and historical performance within the role.
- May be considered as an entry level position.
Impact on the Business
Collects overdue accounts at all stages of delinquency in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Regularly assists other units within the same function at times of high volumes, such as Inbound or Manual.
- Hybrid agents may also provide such assistance as required by another department (business line).
- Achieves individual goals in order to meet team and company objectives.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC Brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Contacts customers at different stages of delinquency, reviews associated reasons for delinquency and obtains relevant customer financial information.
- Identifies potential ways for customers to rectify situation.
- Proposes various programs and negotiates resolution within assigned authority level.
- Identifies high risk accounts and reviews alternate resolution through legal or settlement action.
- Ensures accurate customer demographic information is documented on the system of record.
- Maintains assigned accounts on the computer system(s).
- Ensures clear documentation and record of every call.
- Assigns appropriate account review dates as per department procedures.
- Requests/forwards letters to customers to provide required information or to serve as a confirmation of arrangement.
- Uses various tools such as InfoCanada and credit bureau reports to investigate additional information or trace recent demographics.
- Reassigns specialty accounts to different work queues.
- Escalates customer complaints as deemed necessary and as per internal procedure.
Must be willing to work non-standard hours or shift as required.
Management of Risk
- Stays informed of all policies, procedures and approved collection practices.
- Adheres to all Compliance standards in accordance with HSBC.
- Completes all Web-Based Training requirements.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months collection experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic keyboard skills Bilingualism (French/English).
- Third language preferred.
Job Field : Procurement / Purchasing
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 12-Dec-2016, 17:06:04 Unposting Date : 17-Dec-2016, 23:59:00