Title: Deputy Manager, Operations
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Employment status: Casual full time
Salary band: $32.86 to $41.07 /hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Deputy Manager, Operations to join our Emergency Management team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are seeking a Deputy Manager, Operations, who will work with the Manager, Operations to support operations on mandates with our government partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing the operational capacity of the teams and systems in place. Additionally, they will support operations management in achieving objectives and developing strategies and tools to maintain operational capacity.
In this role, you will:
Responsibility 1 — Team management
- Supervise, guide, and support employees assigned to the mandate and help evaluate and provide feedback on their contributions.
- Participate in selecting and integrating recruits.
- Plan and oversee schedules; prepare and lead meetings with teams in the field.
- Participate in contingency planning.
Responsibility 2 — System
- Ensure that operating procedures, job aids, and work tools are up to date.
- Assist with developing and updating all documents, procedures, job aids, and statistics for the operation.
- Liaise with the National Information Management team, the EMIS Management team, and the National Virtual Operations Team (VOT).
- Carry out budget reconciliations at the request of the Canadian Red Cross and partners (catering orders, management of donations to beneficiaries, logistics orders, etc.).
- Track files in the Permanent Record and escalation tracker, among others.
- Communicate problems and/or suggestions to improve the quality of operational processes.
Responsibility 3 — Operations response
- Liaise with mandate stakeholders to maximize needs coverage within the scope of the mandates.
- Lead field coordination working committees.
- Perform on-call duty.
- Produce reports and analyses required by leadership for the designated area of activity.
What we are looking for:
- A university degree in a related field; a combination of relevant experience may be considered.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in emergency management and response.
- At least one (1) year of experience in field coordination for emergency response mandates.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English and French.
- Proficiency with the Office suite and project management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of and practical experience with a customer database (Raiser’s Edge and/or EMIS, an asset).
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration with partners.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- The work will be performed in Montreal.
- Non-traditional hours will be required to perform on-call duty, as well as during emergency responses and deployments.
- Most of the work will be performed in the field.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.