Intern / Co-op, Global Banking : 00008A08
Employment Type: Fixed Term January 2017 -April 2017
WHO WE ARE
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. In 71 countries and territories serving around 46 million customers, our ambition is to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper.
Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retails Banking and Wealth Management.
HSBC AND YOU
We’re looking for the future leaders of Global Banking. You will need to be forward-thinking, driven and perceptive, open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of a team.
Coverage Relationship Management (CRM): this is the principal point of contact for HSBC’s largest clients, responsible for building trusted relationships and delivering bespoke services across the full suite of products globally. CRM uses HSBC’s platform of banking solutions and unrivalled global network of relationship managers and product specialists to meet the global needs of clients.
There will be plenty of people around to support you. You’ll be assigned a mentor and buddy, who will be on hand to offer advice and guidance and provide a sounding-board for your ideas. There will be many opportunities to develop your network of contacts within Global Banking and beyond. You’ll also be able to take part in our sustainability initiatives. Our volunteering programme, for example, could help you to develop new skills, while contributing to the communities in which we work.
To be considered for the programme, you will be a student who:
- Demonstrates our values – open, dependable and connected – in your daily work
- Is commercially aware and curious about how business works
- Has a global outlook
- Is familiar with investment banking, its products and services
- Has enthusiasm for developing a long-term career within the sector or country team
- Is a strategic thinker, both numerate and analytical
- Is proactive and innovativ
- Is a clear communicator
- Has the highest standards of behaviour
- Is fluent in business English (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Nordic languages an advantage)
- 4 month co-op placement (January to April 2017)
- Currently in university accredited co-op program, preferably with a business, engineering or IT major
- Overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Superior qualitative, analytical, communication and leadership skills are essential.
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Active in the community/university
- Interest in full time employment with HSBC
- Ability to use good judgment, be a self-motivator and exercise independent discretion.
- Bilingual French / English is a requirement
Job Field : Graduates & Internships
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 29-Nov-2016, 18:20:50 Unposting Date : 07-Dec-2016, 02:59:00