Title: Liaison Nurse, Community Health
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Employment status: Temporary part time until January 31th, 2023
Salary band: $36.83 / hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not for profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Liaison Nurse to join its Community Health team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Liaison Nurse. Working with the Community Health team leadership, the successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to ensure, as part of the community health programs for older adults, that people receive the necessary outreach services through community organizations or various system partners. Their role will be to identify individuals who need clinical or community follow-ups and liaise with the appropriate organizations. Additionally, they will play an advisory role to team members and Community Health leadership on all community health projects and mandates.
In this role, you will:
- In collaboration with Community Health team members, identify the needs of older adults (outpatient services, home support, and any other required clinical services).
- Identify special needs and refer people to the appropriate services available in the system through community organizations and/or our Aging with Care program partners.
- Coordinate and plan a clinical path, and ensure that beneficiaries receive timely care through the health care system.
- Liaise with various partners to ensure that services are provided and conduct appropriate follow-ups throughout the care process.
- Provide clinical expertise and address clinical issues and questions from Community Health department teams who refer older adults through the program.
- Provide clinical advice to Community Health leadership.
- Identify potential Aging with Care program partners within the health care system and community organizations and help maintain relationships between them and the CRC.
- Produce the analyses and reports required by management for your activity sector.
What we are looking for:
- A diploma in nursing.
- Three to five years of experience as a nurse.
- A practice permit from the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ).
- Relevant experience with older adults and excellent clinical knowledge in geriatrics.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Proficiency with the Office suite.
- Professional leadership.
- A solution-based approach and strong analytical and persuasion skills.
- This temporary part-time position is unionized.
- The majority of the work will be performed remotely.
- The schedule is flexible.
- Travel within the community may be required.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.