Title: Manager, Operations
Location: Montréal, Québec
Employment status: Temporary Full Time – 8 months
Salary band: $32,86 — $43,64/hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking an Operations Manager, to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Working with the Assistant Director, Emergency management operations and development, the successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to supervise the staff responsible for the implementation of various mandates related to our government contracts. They will be responsible for maintaining and developing the operational capacity of the teams and systems in place. Additionally, they will support Operations management in achieving objectives and developing strategies and tools to increase operational capacity.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise, coach, and support employees under their direct supervision; establish harmonized working methods within the team.
- Participate in the selection and integration of recruits; prepare and lead meetings with their team and unit.
- Supervise service implementation, in support of Operations management; make sure that operating procedures, job aids, and work tools are up to date.
- Ensure that all escalated cases are handled in a timely manner and follow up on problems related to technological tools and make sure they are resolved.
- Work with Emergency Management team members to develop and implement plans in order to be ready to respond to emergencies.
- Implement and regularly update the various components of the Red Cross assistance program to adequately meet the needs of people targeted by the program.
- Lead Emergency Management operational working committees and contribute to the development of the department’s annual objectives.
- Perform on-call duty and produce field-specific reports and analysis for management for their designated area of activity.
We’re looking for:
- A university degree in a related field; a combination of relevant experience may be considered.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in emergency management and/or response.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience managing a team of unionized professionals.
- Experience working in a volunteer setting and in committee facilitation.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English and French.
- Proficiency with the Office suite and project management tools.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong experience with a customer database (Raiser’s Edge and/or EMIS, an asset).
- Strong writing skills.
- Drive, energy, enthusiasm, and people skills and a positive attitude; must be able to mobilize and gather their peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent teamwork and collaboration with partners.
- Flexibility and self-sufficiency.
- Non-traditional hours will be required to perform on-call duty, as well as during emergency responses and deployments.
- The majority of the work is performed in a professional office environment.
- Travel within the province and across Canada is part of the regular duties of the position.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.