Senior Financial Analyst
The Accounting & Reporting Supervisor performs and supervises specific general accounting operations in relation with internal and external reporting requirements.
• Bachelors Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Accounting or Finance area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Accounting or Finance area
• Knowledge and experience using accounting principles
• 3 or more years of managerial experience
• Insurance industry experience
• Advanced general ledger transactional experience
• Project management experience
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Technology experience related to General ledger, financial reporting systems, Business Objects or other query tools
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Responsible towards the local controller or Accounting & Reporting Team lead for day to day and close related ledger tasks as well as preparing local Globally Accepted Accounting Principles/statutory and quarterly International Finance Reporting Standards financial statements.
• Ensure the quality assurance of the quarterly variance analysis supporting the Group & International Finance Reporting Standards & reporting.
• Supervise general accounting operations (bookkeeping activities and account reconciliations).
• Resolve operational day-to-day finance related issues and support other functions within the business unit.
• Oversee, coordinate and support balance sheet reconciliation process in accordance with Group internal control guidance.
• Maintain the chart of accounts in line with Group & International Finance Reporting Standards & reporting and local statutory requirements.
• Monitor, assess and evaluate finance business processes in collaboration with local Controller or Accounting & Reporting Team lead in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Monitor the internal SOX control framework and ensures adequate performance of controls.
• Manage hiring within the local accounting team.
• Train direct reports on day to day accounting (International Finance Reporting Standards, local Globally Accepted Accounting Principles/statutory)/internal control matters.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• High degree of flexibility.
• Good level of problem solving skills.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines.
• Solid people management skills.
• Supervise a small to medium sized team of specialists in Finance, Accounting & Reporting, allocating work, contributing to employee selection and providing coaching and guidance as necessary.
• Advise and assist Finance, Accounting & Reporting to develop budgetary plans aligned to business need and in accordance with the organization’s budgetary planning processes.
• Develop a simple business case for a defined Finance, Accounting & Reporting project to determine potential benefits, clarify the rationale for investment/divestment/acquisition and support the planning process.
• Prepare draft manuals/policy handbooks (or equivalent local frameworks) based on accepted changes to policies and procedures, to ensure they are up-to-date and reflect new policies, and ensure compliance with regulatory or statutory requirements in product or process area by crosschecking data and documentation and delivering specialist Finance, Accounting & Reporting advice to the business.
• Research primary financial data sources, select relevant information, analyse key themes and trends, execute and measure effective controls and make recommendations to inform policy and/or product development.
• Research best practice and review and analyse detailed business models to support senior management in developing and improving Finance, Accounting & Reporting processes and systems by leading the testing of new solutions relevant to Finance, Accounting & Reporting.
• Act as the technical expert in financial analysis, conducting process reviews and initiating change in order to contribute to continuous improvement of customer service for internal/external customers.
• Provide specialist advice to address specific technical queries, including legal, regulatory or reporting issues, from internal clients and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with the organization’s policies and processes and regulatory requirements.
• Analyse account information and provide explanations to external clients on more complex accounts and develop and maintain positive business relationships through anticipating and acting upon their needs.
• Deliver training to educate team members and increase awareness of existing or new Finance, Accounting & Reporting policies and procedures to optimize performance and increase compliance within process or product area.
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Technical Competency 1
Technical Competency 2
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.