Senior Sales Manager -Global Trade and Receivables Finance : 000082PK
Employment Type: Regular
The role holder will manage and lead a team of Sales Manager to generate sales through New To Bank or New to GTRF clients. They will provide direction and assess opportunities within the marketplace (even where there doesn’t appear to be one), ensuring that the solution provided to the customers meet their specific needs.
Through strong leadership, the role holder is responsible for managing and coordinating GTRF sales activity in the provision of customized and complex domestic and cross-border GTRF products and services to priority/strategic potential clients.
The role holder participates in strategic decisions to drive the GTRF business forward. Working with relevant stakeholders the role holder will often combine acting as the senior calling officer with supporting the design and pricing of solutions for new client deals. The role holder is also responsible for driving revenue growth through transactional fees, interest income together with other working capital management products and services to maximize commercial profitability and relationship depth.
This role may have team lead responsibilities.
Impact on the Business
- Maximises revenue growth through business development
- Develop effective strategies for winning new clients in order to generate new income for the Group. Develop effective strategies for winning new clients in order to generate new income for the Group. Identify new sales opportunities in the form of new to bank or new to GTRF alongside Relationship Managers
- Instill the discipline to deploy Bank’s capital will be deployed effectively and efficiently
- Manage pipeline of new customers and follow end to end sales process as defined by Business Development Transformation
- Work closely with sales colleagues to promote awareness of GTRF products, strategies and competitor information amongst the RM, Credit and other strategic business communities.
- Maintain awareness of the applicable regulatory and business environment: understand audit, tax and legal implications and changes as they affect the customers and the Bank and guide team members and customers on such issues as and when they crop up.
- Managing growth and development of Sales managers through effective mentoring and coaching of the team members.
- Execute a robust sales plan to target new customers including effective closure of pipeline deals to capture revenue
- Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives through e.g.: detailed call reports, meetings attended, monitoring and management of deal pipeline GTRF modules etc. and the quality of solutions and presentations
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure the sales manager actively develop an appropriate calling plan to efficiently and effectively achieve goals and objectives. Through consultative selling, design and implement workable, innovative solutions for customers individual needs plus generate and receive quality referrals for/from other parts of the Group
- Where appropriate undertake professional presentations etc. to customers in support of potential opportunities portraying HSBC in the best possible light against a backdrop of competition from local, regional and/or global banks.
- Maintain and enhance the image of HSBC through the planning and execution of conferences, industry sector days, internal & external client road shows, active participation in industry associations and other such suitable events.
- Maintain close liaison with intra country, intra region and cross regional colleagues/stakeholders so as to provide input into the strategic direction of Sales, Product and Client Management functions and to the overall direction of GTRF regional and global business.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work closely with the RM community and other business associates to promote awareness of GTRF products, strategies and competitive information and manage stakeholder perceptions in order to enhance GTRFs image as a critical product partner
- Promote and support training initiatives to enhance and skills of GTRF personnel
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team to achieve the Group strategy and business objectives
- Establish cultural and behavioural excellence and develop high engagement across the team
- Be ultimately responsible for the performance management of your team, using relevant performance management tools, ensuring timely action is taken to improve underperformance, to maximise effectiveness of the team.
- Share knowledge, experience and best practices with junior RMs within and outside of immediate team and promote a collective culture to spread experience & best practice.
- Take a hands-on approach to coaching with regular & productive use of Personal Development Plans and appropriate follow up.
- Ensure development activities are a core priority and enable all team members to take reasonable time for learning and developmental activities.
- Ensure the team is resourced to headcount plan, sufficient to meet the demands and opportunities of the business.
- Develop appropriate retention strategies within the team’s cost plan.
- Manage succession for key roles using internal and selective hires where appropriate.
- Live the Group Values.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure compliance monitoring is in place in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards
- Ensure all sales activity documentation is complete to provide performance tracking and targeting future sales efforts
- Continually assess the Sales processes to identify improvements
- Keep senior management informed of any obstacles, issues etc.
- Manage any obstacles for the Sales Teams
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Immediate revenue growth from teams and associated credit and risk profile of respective deals
- Ensuring the coverage model achieves customer satisfaction and allows us to meet annual goals and measures. Focusing resources on deals which are likely to achieve satisfactory revenue streams and reducing time on deals with low-win, low projected revenue probability.
- Managing multiple time sensitive tasks
- The job holder needs to constantly evaluate and understand
- Customer banking practices and trends in the market
- The financial/accounting/reconciliation and GTRF systems and techniques employed
- The competitive market place.
- Adapting to a fast pace work environment and continually changing lines of communication, technological advances etc.
- Ensuring RM community is sufficiently knowledgeable with GTRF products/services/ regulation and having confidence they are able to continually apply this knowledge to their client base.
- The competitive environment results in a constant threat of staff defection. Management of talent and reward management are key to loyalty and retention
- GTRF is a key strategic business for the HSBC Group under CMB and its history is mixed with almost 150 years of Group history. HSBC is recognized worldwide as “the World’s leading and largest trade bank and a Leading player in the receivables finance market” and its global leadership is unquestionable. Through capitalizing on the Group’s international network and on the regional expertise, GTRF Canada not only consistently holds an important status internally as a reliable and relevant income generator as well externally receiving formal market recognition.
- The Group has defined International Trade as the highest priority area to explore business opportunities for next years, engaging all levels in the organization to position HSBC as the primary provider for Corporate clients for their international needs worldwide.
- Manages a team of sales managers and continually improves sales performance
- Expected to meet clients and forge strong relations internationally
- Must have a thorough understanding of the GTRF business and associated risks profile of respective transaction
- Meet the internal profitability hurdle as defined by different customer groups
- Takes a long term view of expected changes
- Ensures team identify sales opportunities, increase wallet share and generally ensure the performance of the client
- Ensure client satisfaction including identifying and dealing with actual or potential business or relationship risks
- Directs GTRF sales activities in a relatively autonomous manner, keeping senior management informed of matters of significance. The position also makes strategic and tactical recommendations
- Responsible for executing Regional and Country sales strategy, translating into revenue
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. Job holder must assure that all transactions follow Group Compliance guidance, particularly related to KYC aspects, which together with RMs must be in place and update for GTRF matters
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- At least 5-7 years experience with global trade and receivables finance, services, products and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of the market & market trends, competitive environment and regulatory environment.
- University degree or college diploma in business or finance preferred
- Detailed knowledge of GTRF back and front office area
- Detailed knowledge of Credit & Risk including techniques to mitigate risk
- Experience in driving team and individual performance to achieve customer and financial targets
- Strong leadership and team motivational skills
- Proven coaching and performance management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating in dealing with customers and colleagues.
- Knowledge of the Commercial Banking market both globally and specifically relating to the local environment, including the competitive landscape, with a detailed knowledge of competitor propositions.
- Excellent level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at a senior and strategic level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong change focus and ability to manage change
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Good understanding of the international business trade cycle and the business processes involved when importing and exporting
- Knowledge of CMB’s international proposition / product capabilities.
- Broad knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities.
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 06-Dec-2016, 09:44:12 Unposting Date : 06-Jan-2017, 02:59:00