Sr. Claims Specialist, Auto
Your primary responsibility will be to handle auto claims with a view to obtaining the best possible outcome for Zurich’s insureds.
The focus for this position will be to deliver excellent customer service with proactive communication with customers to keep them informed at all stages of the claims.
As a Claims Specialist, you will have accountability in customer satisfaction and execute on our strategy to provide the best claims service in the commercial insurance business.
You will handle the investigation and settlement of routine and moderately complex automobile physical damage claims. You will be responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating, finalizing settlements, as well as for establishing and updating reserves in accordance with Zurich’s reserving philosophy.
You will be responsible for vendors assignments; expenses management and control of the scope of work assigned to external vendors.
You will assist our recovery and salvage teams, as well as the customers and stakeholders, throughout the settlement process of physical damages and total losses and ensure prompt and equitable settlement of claims in line with corporate policies and standards.
You will be responsible for the data integrity and the appropriate documentation of the claim’s files, as well as for compliance with regulatory notification requirements.
In this role, you will be joining a professional and collaborative team environment. Zurich is a supporter of employee career growth and development and as a Zurich employee, you will have opportunities for professional growth by way of online and in-person training.
• A valid Claims Adjusters License issued by the AMF.
• Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience and 1 or more years of experience in auto or property claims
• Completion of Zurich Claims Training Program and 1 or more years of experience in auto or CGL area
• Business writing and presentation skills in both French and English (Bilingualism)
• Good knowledge of insurance claims, knowledge of the vehicle repair process and of the legislation and regulations governing automobile insurance
• Foundations in reviewing contracts, litigation, and experts’ reports
• General knowledge of automobile insurance policy wordings and products
• Results driven, ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail and follow procedures.
• Proficient with Office 365 productivity tools and apps
• Proven leadership and time management skills in a team environment
• Experience in handling first party automobile and/or property claims.
• Experience with claims reviews and presenting to various stakeholders
• Experience maintaining relationships with our brokers, underwriting partners, and other business functions.
• Experience with reserve review systems and reporting practices
• Completed or actively pursuing the Canadian Insurance Institute (CIP) designation
• Strong customer service background.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.