Sr. Claims Specialist, Liability
Zurich Canada Claims Specialists are driven to provide excellent service driven by a culture of integrity, fairness, and sustainability.
You will be joining a professional and collaborative team which strives to deliver pragmatic and efficient claims management. You will be a key contributor by seeking the best claims outcomes on moderate to complex liability claims for large corporations, multinationals, and international insureds.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Claims Specialist will be to complete the review and assessment of the liability and coverage applicable to each loss and to handle the investigation and litigation components.
You will negotiate settlement of claims and manage litigation by providing directions to counsels, attend to judicial settlement conferences and get involved with trials preparation. You will be responsible for setting and reviewing reserves and you will be contributing to the company’s performance and growth by controlling the expenses and the claims life cycle.
• Quebec Claims Adjuster license (Commercial lines)
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Claims or Insurance area
• College Degree and 5 or more years of experience in Commercial claims handling
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in Claims or Insurance area
• Completion of Zurich Claims Training Program and 3 or more years of experience in the Claims or Insurance area
• Business writing and presentation skills in both French and English
• Proficiency with Office 365 productivity tools and apps
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Document claims files by accurately capturing and updating claims developments and loss details.
• Determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts; utilizing applicable law and principles of negligence.
• Perform review of coverage; address coverage issues determining whether the loss falls within the coverage.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy; developing a case evaluation; escalating issues as appropriate.
• Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout claims cycle within authority limit by estimating and validating value of claims.
• Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of damages allowed by law.
• Negotiate settlement of claim by establishing appropriate negotiation strategy and utilizing available tools and resources within authority limits.
• Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information; responding to inquiries; following customer protocols and participating in customer marketing efforts.
• Manage expenses by working within vendor approved networks and managing scope of work assigned to outside contractors.
• Complete referrals to recovery and investigation services teams.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.