Working within the Quebec Region General Property team in Montreal, the role of a production underwriter is to generate a pipeline of new business opportunities whilst managing a renewal portfolio of upper mid-market up to highly complex clients with revenues up to $1Bn.
Supported by a dedicated local team of Underwriting Assistants, Risk Engineers, International Service Specialists and an industry leading claims team, this is your opportunity to join a growing and highly successful organization.
- As a customer led organization, you must lead innovation and drive change by challenging the status quo
- Established relationships with Regional brokers
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
- Understanding of LoB(s) products and portfolio
- Understanding of regional / local LoB (s) insurance markets and competitor landscape
- Ability to build trusting relationships
- Strong organizational, deal management and negotiation skills
- Highly collaborative
- Proactively drive involvement of functional areas in the Underwriting process, including e.g. Risk Engineering, claims, actuarial, finance, distribution and other LoB’s
- Provide guidance to lower level associates
- Minimum 5 years underwriting or broking experience
- Must have broad experience writing or marketing & placing General Property risks
- Cross Border experience essential, International Programs experience highly desirable
- High School Diploma or 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Broking or Market Facing area
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5 years Property Underwriting experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CAT modelling experience
- Non-standard wording experience
- Primary/Excess experience
- Has demonstrated the ability to produce new business
- Microsoft Office experience
- Strong Business acumen
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.