Under close supervision, supports Underwriters by working on assigned book of business using multiple tools and resources.
• Bachelors degree and no prior experience in the Administrative, Customer Service, Financial Services, Risk Management or Insurance area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice, including Associate Degree and no prior experience in the Administrative, Customer Service, Financial Services, Risk Management or Insurance area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Administrative, Customer Service, Financial Services, Risk Management or Insurance area
• Knowledge of data collection and analysis
• Microsoft Office experience
• Insurance industry knowledge
• Knowledge of processing, rating and policy management systems used in the insurance industry
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service experience
• Detail oriented
• Multi-tasking skills
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Reviews, evaluates and summarizes risk exposures, controls, loss history, and financial condition to aid underwriting decisions around submission acceptance or declination.
• Follows instructions from Underwriters in areas of policy rating, subjective pricing, policy construction, coverages & exclusions, mandatory forms, etc. to accurately quote and issue policies (bonds).
• Provides account servicing support in collaboration with Underwriter and Manager, with responsibility for end-to-end servicing processes for new business, renewals, and endorsements for basic to moderately complex business and products.
• Supports Underwriter with broker/agent/distributor/customer interactions by providing basic customer service skills. Responds to written, verbal telephone inquiries appropriately and on time under close supervision by Underwriter and/or Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Conduct due diligence on transactions and processes in order to determine the risk profile and compliance with relevant regulations.
• Assess and evaluate underwriting processes in order to implement agreed technical standards, controls, practices and procedures, maintaining underwriting disciplines and identifying opportunities for improvements.
• Review assigned customer cases, prioritize case load and interpret established policies, applying discretion within authority limits in order to resolve customer issues.
• Handle and resolve a range of queries from customers, providing advice and supporting the development of an account to create additional value for the organization and customers.
• Provide specialist advisory support to internal clients on a daily basis, by being focal point of contact, to ensure that there is no misalignment between policy and practice.
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Technical Competency 1
Technical Competency 2
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.