Underwriting Specialist, Mgmt Liability
To analyze and underwrite new and renewal business, under limited direction, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on highly complex assignments ensuring a high level service to customers.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area. For SURETY POSITIONS ONLY: Finance, Accounting, Banking. For Financial Lines positions only- Public, Management Liability and FI: Accounting, Banking, Risk Management. For Cyber positions only: Cybersecurity, Finance, Management Consulting. For CONSTRUCTION POSITIONS ONLY: Banking, Mortgage, Finance, Construction
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area For SURETY POSITIONS ONLY: Finance, Accounting, Banking For Financial Lines positions only-Public, Management Liability and FI: Accounting, Banking. Risk Management. For Cyber positions only: Cybersecurity, Finance, Management Consulting. For CONSTRUCTION POSITIONS ONLY: Banking, Mortgage, Finance, Construction
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or
Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience working in a team environment
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Microsoft Office experience
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
• Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
• Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
• Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame.
• Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts.
• Develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business Unit.
• Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
• Measure exposure/analyze risk.
• Initiate product development idea.
• Assist in training and developing staff.
• Provide expertise on coverage issues with claims programs and guidelines.
• Contribute to development of u/w manuals, programs and guidelines.
• Approve/place facultative purchases
• Develop and lead marketing presentations to new and current agents/brokers
• Promote the organization’s products and services in order to increase penetration within agency plant
• Ensure the successful completion of projects by maintaining continuing dialogue with business unit sponsors during implementation of major projects
• Diagnose and develop recommendations to solve unique business unit and customer problems
• Lead complex technical or long-term (over 6 months) business projects to implement new or changed systems, programs or products
• Investigate, recommend and implement leading edge technical solutions when they meet customer needs
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.