Kativik Ilisarniliriniq: New Commissioners and New Executive Committee Member Join the Council
Montreal, Qc. (December 12, 2022) – On December 6, 2022, the Kativik Ilisarniliriniq (KI) Council of Commissioners welcomed two new commissioners: Emma Munick (Kangirsuk) and Lukasi Pilurtuut (Kangiqsujuaq). The latter was also elected as a member of the Executive Committee. He replaces Sarah Beaulne who resigned to pursue her career in the Nunavik health sector.
The Executive Committee members are:
- KI President and Executive Committee member: Sarah Aloupa (Quaqtaq)
- KI Vice-President and Executive Committee member: Adamie Padlayat (Inukjuak)
- Executive Committee member: Lukasi Pilurtuut (Kangiqsujuaq)
- Executive Committee member: Evie Qalingo (Ivujivik)
- Kativik Regional Government representative and Executive Committee member: Jennifer Hunter (Kuujjuaraapik).
Kativik Ilisarniliriniq, the school board of Nunavik, was created in 1975, under the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA). Since 1978, it has been the exclusive provider of educational services to all Nunavik residents. Under the JBNQA, the school board also acts as an institution with unique powers and jurisdiction geared towards the protection and development of the Inuit language, culture, and way of life, through the delivery of tailored educational services and programs. The education programs developed by the school board are offered in all schools of the 14 Nunavik communities, in Inuktitut as first language and in French and English as second languages. The school board operates 18 primary and secondary schools as well as 6 adult education centres. For more information, visit kativik.qc.ca.
— 30 —
514-482-8220 ext. 309