MCK seeks one Community Rep for Cannabis Control Board
(Kahnawà:ke – 22, Enníska/February 2023)
The Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke (MCK) is seeking one individual to serve on the Kahnawà:ke Cannabis Control Board (KCCB).
The KCCB is comprised of three Kahnawa’kehró:non who are responsible for the ongoing development of the regulations required within the Kahnawà:ke Cannabis Control Law, as well as the administration and enforcement of the law in the Territory.
Eligibility criteria include the following:
- Must be Kanien’kehá:ka of Kahnawà:ke and be a resident within the Territory
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have no criminal conviction for an indictable offence or have received a full pardon for any such conviction
- Must not have an interest in a private entity that has applied for or has been granted a Cannabis-related license
- Must not have a family member who has an interest in a private entity that has applied for, or has been granted, a cannabis-related license
Full eligibility criteria can be viewed at www.Kahnawake.com/legalcannabis.
For reference, the Kahnawà:ke Cannabis Control Law can be viewed at www.kahnawakemakingdecisions.com.
Letters of intent can be sent by mail or delivered to the Reception at the MCK Main Office to the contact below:
- Lanny Jacobs Project Technician
Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke P.O. Box 720
Kahnawà:ke Mohawk Territory, J0L 1B0, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on the application process, please contact Lanny Jacobs at 450-632-7500.
Political Press Attaché
450- 632-7500 ext 63251