MCK seeks two Community Representatives for Cannabis Control Board
(Kahnawake – 23, Kenténha/September 2022) The Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke (MCK) is seeking two (2) individuals to serve on the Kahnawà:ke Cannabis Control Board (KCCB).
The KCCB is comprised of three (3) Kahnawa’kehró:non who are responsible for the ongoing development of the regulations required within the Kahnawà:ke Cannabis Control Law, as well as the administration and enforcement of the law within the community.
Eligibility criteria include the following:
- Must be a Kanien’kehá:ka of Kahnawà:ke
- Must reside within the Territory
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have no criminal conviction for an indictable offense or have received a full pardon for any such conviction
- Must not have an interest in a private entity that has applied for or has been granted a Cannabis-related license
- Must not have a family member who has an interest in a private entity that has applied for or has been granted a Cannabis-related license
Full eligibility criteria can be viewed at www.Kahnawake.com/legalcannabis. For reference, the Kahnawà:ke Cannabis Control Law can be viewed at www.kahnawakemakingdecisions.com.
Interested persons are asked to submit a letter of intent to the following:
Lanny Jacobs, MCK Technician
Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke
P.O. Box 720
Kahnawà:ke Mohawk Territory J0L 1B0
Letters of intent can be sent by mail or can be dropped off at Reception at the Main MCK Office. The deadline for applications is Friday, 7 Kenténha /October 2022. For further information, please contact Lanny Jacobs at 450-632-7500.
Political Press Attaché
450- 632-7500 ext 63251